CEN Increased Intracranial PressurePerry Overton
CEN Increased Intracranial Pressure Overview
A brain injury or another medical condition can cause growing pressure inside your skull. This dangerous condition is called increased intracranial pressure (ICP) and can lead to a headache. The pressure also further injure your brain or spinal cord.
This kind of headache is an emergency and requires immediate medical attention. The sooner you get help, the more likely you are to recover.
CEN Increased Intracranial Pressure – Signs and Symptoms
- Blurred vision
- Feeling less alert than usual
- Changes in your behavior
- Weakness or problems with moving or talking
- Lack of energy or sleepiness
CEN Increased Intracranial Pressure – Causes
- Too much cerebrospinal fluid (the fluid around your brain and spinal cord)
- Bleeding into the brain
- Swelling in the brain
- Blood pooling in some part of the brain
- Brain or head injury
- Brain tumor
- Infections such as encephalitis or meningitis
- High blood pressure
CEN Increased Intracranial Pressure – Complications
- Neurological damage
CEN Increased Intracranial Pressure – Treatment
Increased intracranial pressure is an emergency. Treatment might include:
- Medicine to reduce swelling
- Draining extra cerebrospinal fluid or bleeding around the brain
- Removing part of the skull (craniotomy) to ease swelling (though this is rare)
You may also be treated for the underlying cause of your intracranial pressure, which could be an infection, high blood pressure, tumor, or stroke.
Emergency Room Certification Courses – Most Current Exam Updates
- Elite Reviews Offers A Variety Of Online Courses That Will More Than Adequately Help Prepare The Emergency Room Nurse To Pass The National Exam.
- Click On The Questions Tab; In Order To View Some Of The Courses We Have To Offer That Includes Sample Questions Only.
- Click On The Review Courses Tab; In Order To View Some Of The Courses We Have To Offer That Includes Both Online Lectures & Sample Questions.
- Click On The Course Demo Tab; In Order To Get A Brief Overview Of Our Featured Course Which Includes Online Lectures, 3000+ Online Exam Questions & 70 CEU’s.
- Each Of Our Online Courses Has Been Approved Continuing Education Contact Hours by the California Board of Nursing
- Login To Your Account In Order To Access The Course Completion Certificate Once The Course Is Complete.
How The Course Works
- First – Purchase The Course By Clicking On The Blue Add To Cart Button – You Will Then Be Prompted To Create A User Account
- Next – You Will Be Prompted To Pay For The Course Using PayPal – After Payment You Will Be Redirected Back To Your Account
- Last – Click The Start Button Located Within Your Account To Begin The Course