CEN Exam Questions
CEN Certification OverviewThe CEN certification is primarily for registered nurses providing direct care to patients in the emergency room setting, and flight nursing. In order to be successful on the CEN Exam, you must dedicate some time to studying on a daily basis. In times past, the most beneficial has been to find a really good review course that offers at least 1500 to 2000 CEN Exam Practice Questions and detailed overview of content.
CEN QuestionsThe CEN Exam is a 3 hour test that contains 175 test items. 150 items are scored and 25 are used to gather statistical data on item performance for future exams (BCENCertifications.org). Listed below is a detailed breakdown of the exam content outline and percentages assigned to each section. In order to be successful on your first attempt, you must score greater than a 70% on the exam. If you want to be successful on your first attempt, you must answer at least 2000+ CEN style exam questions prior to test day with an 85% or greater. We have designed several courses that we feel will aid in your studies. Some of the courses that we have to offer are listed below…
CEN Test PlanThe content of the CEN Exams is described in the test plans on BCENCertifications.org. Candidates are tested on a variety of patient care problems that are organized under major categories. Listed below is a detailed list of the content areas. Cardiovascular Emergencies (13%) Gastrointestinal Emergencies (7%) GU, Gynecology and OB Emergencies (7%) Maxillofacial and Ocular Emergencies (6%) Neurological Emergencies (10%) Orthopedic and Wound Emergencies (9%) Respiratory Emergencies (12%) Environment and Toxicology Emergencies (7%) Shock (6%) Medical Emergencies and Communicable Diseases (11%) Professional Issues (7%)
CEN Sample Questions1) A 63 y/o patient complains of dizziness, weakness over the past week, and syncopal episode this am. Initial VS are BP 170/98 mmHg, HR 32 bpm, RR 18 bpm, and T 98.3. What is the priority intervention for this patient? A) Administer O2 via non-rebreather mask B) Prepare pt for a STAT CT scan C) Activate the rapid response team D) Initiate IV access with a saline lock Answer: (A) Administer O2 via a non-rebreather mask Rationale: The pt is at risk for falling d/t the chief complaint of dizziness and is also at risk for cardiovascular collapse related to bradycardia. Providing O2 is indicated given the patient's HR and the need to maintain adequate oxygenation. 2) Which assessment technique could contribute to making a diagnosis in a patient with a sudden onset of "tearing" chest pain? A) Perform a right sided ECG B) Assess for pedal edema C) Auscultate heart sounds for a friction rub D) Obtain BP readings in both arms Answer: (D) Obtain BP readings in both arms Rationale: Sudden onset of tearing chest pain could indicate an aortic dissection. Patients with aortic dissection frequently have unequal upper extremity BP readings, with a difference of 20 mmHg or more systolic. This occurs because of turbulent blood flow thru the disrupted aorta during systole, resulting in higher readings in the left arm compared to the right arm.
Emergency Room Certification Courses - Most Current Exam Updates
- Elite Reviews Offers A Variety Of Online Courses That Will More Than Adequately Help Prepare The Emergency Room Nurse To Pass The National Exam.
- Click On The Questions Tab; In Order To View Some Of The Courses We Have To Offer That Includes Sample Questions Only.
- Click On The Review Courses Tab; In Order To View Some Of The Courses We Have To Offer That Includes Both Online Lectures & Sample Questions.
- Click On The Course Demo Tab; In Order To Get A Brief Overview Of Our Featured Course Which Includes Online Lectures, 3000+ Online Exam Questions & 70 CEU's.
- Each Of Our Online Courses Has Been Approved Continuing Education Contact Hours by the California Board of Nursing
- Login To Your Account In Order To Access The Course Completion Certificate Once The Course Is Complete.
How The Course Works
- First - Purchase The Course By Clicking On The Blue Add To Cart Button - You Will Then Be Prompted To Create A User Account
- Next - You Will Be Prompted To Pay For The Course Using PayPal - After Payment You Will Be Redirected Back To Your Account
- Last - Click The Start Button Located Within Your Account To Begin The Course